St Michael’s Church
1 Slateford Road, Edinburgh, EH11 1NX
This neo-gothic building dates from 1883 and is A-Listed. Designed by Glasgow architect John Honeyman, it was built when Edinburgh expanded in the 19th century towards the west with several nearby breweries and factories providing work and an income for many families in the congregation. At 130ft in length, the building itself features some fine stonework, woodwork and stained glass.
St Michael’s is still actively used, by a Church of Scotland congregation and the community, to foster good relationships and well-being in the area.
We’re only open to “virtual visitors” again for this Doors Open Days, please enjoy our short film below that was specially created for last year’s Digital Doors Open Days which tours our beautiful church or visit our historic timeline on our website to read about our history and heritage in more detail.