Your church your community
Tuesday, June 27
Churches occupy an important place in many communities, historically, culturally and in many instances, physically as a focal point for the community and a local landmark.
With the recent review of the Church of Scotland and other faith groups’ estates, many buildings have been identified as being surplus to requirements as places of worship.
This interactive workshop will give an overview on developing a sustainable new future for church buildings and the steps to consider –
- Getting started – what you need to consider
- Steps to Success – the steps to acquiring a church building for the community
- Case studies
Details of tools and resources and the support available will be provided.
- Victoria Collinson – Historic Churches Scotland
- Sarah Pearce – the Heritage Trust Network
- Linda Gillespie – the Community Ownership Support Service
By Community Ownership Support Service