Trinity Apse Open Day
Friday 20th May 2022 from 10.15am
Visit the historic Trinity Apse on Chalmers Close for a FREE Open Day on Friday 20th May 2022. Just pop-by, no booking is required.
Members of the Trinity Network will be on hand during both sessions to answer any questions you may have about this fascinating historic Edinburgh building
Morning Session – 10.15am-12pm.
At 11am Dr Lizzie Swarbrick, a Leverhulme Early Career Fellow in the School of Art History at the University of Edinburgh, will offer an architectural tour of the Apse.
Afternoon Session – 12.30pm-2.45pm
At 12.45 Dr Lizzie Swarbrick will give another guided tour of the Apse.
From 1.30-2.45 there will be a series of short talks on aspects of the Trinity Collegiate Chapel:
- 1.30pm – Mary of Guelders and her chapel – Dr Rachel Delman
- 1.45pm – The Trinity Altarpiece: Portraits, Pearls and Puzzles – Jill Harrison
- 2.00pm – Magnificent & Sumptuous: Scottish Patrons and European Art – Dr Bryony Coombs
- 2.15pm – Music making in Scotland and the Trinity Chapel – Dr James Cook
- 2.30pm – Closing Remarks: Reimagining Trinity in the Past and for the Future” – Dr Lizzie Swarbrick
For further details email the Trinity Network here.
There is no wheelchair access (because of the steps) to the Apse and you enter this historic building at your own risk.