Benjamin Tindall Architects
17 Victoria Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2JL
Built on part of Edinburgh’s first city wall, the history of 17 Victoria Terrace is one of almost 600 years of adaptation and re-use: sustainability at its very best. The building has served as a leather works (1786), Institute for the Relief of Incurables (1866), sweetie factory (1905), bomb shelter (WW2), and copper etchers, until made into offices in 1989. Benjamin Tindall Architects have served clients for nearly 40 years with quality projects, ranging from Masterplanning new settlements, Conservation Plans, new buildings, alterations, interventions and repairs to exhibitions and furniture design, throughout Scotland and the UK.
BTA are known for their sensitive approach and appreciation of the Art and Craft of Architecture. You can see a selection of our projects on our website or on our entry page at The Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (RIAS).
For this year’s virtual Doors Open Days weekend we have produced a downloadable PDF recounting the history of BTA and we will be sharing a video tour of our offices and its Old Town Neighbourhood on our website here.